Saturday, September 17, 2005

What Can I Say, I'm Charismatic

This has been the week of Nature loving Allisons, it seems. First, I was on the un-BC Walkway the other day when I saw a tiny piece of leaf that was not a tiny piece of leaf, but in fact an enormous, MONSTROUS praying mantis. When I stopped to inspect him, my shadow fell over him and he swiveled his head up to look at me. His eyes were glittering, gold and segmented.

---

Last night marked the renewal of the Allison-Friendly Cat relationship. Friendly Cat is a stray who lives in/near Epworth and craves tummy rubs. Once you start with the rubbing of the tummy, he will follow you if you decide to get alone with your normal life. I would love to keep Friendly Cat for myself, but Friendly Fishes might not appreciate it. Neither would Friendly Housing Contract. Anyway, yesterday he stopped me on the way home and we had a happy tumrubbing session. The piece someone took out of his ear last semester seems to have healed nicely.

---

This morning a black and blue butterfly sat and waited for me in between Epworth and the Health Center, waving his wings for me to look at. Orange spots played around the edges; the blue wavered and reformed.

---

Earlier this morning, I found tiny bugs in my iced tea. They like me so much, they want to be INSIDE ME!

5 Comments:

Blogger Rita Xavier said...

Interesting! Last Sunday when we were packing up at the end of a show at Shadelands Ranch in Walnut Creek, a huge praying mantis tried to get packed up in my stuff. It was the first time I had seen one in a long time, especially one of that size. We put him out of harm's way in the flower beds.

Ask your Mom if she remembers the story of the "little red bug" from a camping trip when she was a kid.

9/17/2005 7:07 PM  
Blogger Klop said...

sounds like you have been in harmony with nature lately... :-)

9/17/2005 9:16 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

MAN I love that story. Tell it again, Mom!

9/18/2005 12:21 AM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

allie is freakin sleeping beauty.

9/18/2005 9:23 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Bunnies in m'boots!

9/19/2005 1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home