Tuesday, September 06, 2005

THE LOVE CHILD!

I have not been very funny lately, have I? Well, I have a quick quick funny for you before my staff meeting tonight (oh yeayayayay).

So we are recruiting new hires for Trinity, because all the old hires get fed up and leave. To further this lofty goal, I made me some flyers with mah email on them and a sexy ClipArt picture of a coffee cup and threw them around the freshman dorms. Right. I posted these Saturdayish. Saturday night I get an email from someone with the avatar jing.r.chen and the subject "Work at Trinity".

For those of you who don't know, the beautiful, intelligent, fabulous, talented, and generally inimitable Jeannie's name is, in fact, Jing Rong Chen. For those of you who also don't know, aforementioned amazing and beautiful and missed-by-me Jeannie and I became friends over a little thing called INTERNATIONAL INTRIGUE and HATING OUR JOBS and BROADCASTING THIS HATRED TO THE STUDENT BODY AT LARGE. Were it not for Trinity, I would not know Jeannie, and I would not have an excuse to go crash in New York for free someday. And it would be sad.

So upon receiving this email, I start wondering how Jeannie has managed to change her avatar from an alumni.duke.edu address to a normal undergrad address in order to burn me. And then I open it up and it's not from Jeannie at all. And THEN I start freaking out and making all sorts of jokes about Trinity Karma and coming back from the metaphorical dead that is graduation and all that good crap. Ha ha, so funny, yes.

As it turns out, I also had to work Saturday, so I sent an email to pseudo-Jeannie asking her to come meet me at the Trin so we could have a baby interview. She showed up well into my shift, upon which I started bombarding her with questions like "is your middle name...Rong, by any chance? Because if it is HAHAHA I HAVE A FUNNY STORY AND OMG." Here's a hint: I think I scared the crap out of her. When she finally got a chance to put a word in edgewise, she looked at me freaked-outedly and said "Actually, it's Ruth".

And here's the thing: it took me twenty minutes and a comment by Nooree to realize HOLY CRAP, THAT IS ALSO MY MIDDLE NAME and JEANNIE AND I HAD A BABY. Upon which I called her and freaked out. Because I am good at that.

Having a baby with Jeannie was number 1 on my list of life goals, you know. Now it is time to move on to others, like Angelina Jolie or, you know, guys.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeannie said...

WE HAD A BABY!!!!!

i miss you too, ms. clarke. ;)

9/06/2005 9:05 PM  
Blogger Klop said...

hahaha you knocking up the ladies at school???

"you can't have a baby!" - lois griffin

"well it's not like i have a lot of options!! i'm catholic!" - peter griffin

9/08/2005 8:51 AM  
Blogger :D said...

haha awesome!!! and if you do move on to Angelina, please put in a good word for me, and maybe give me her number?

9/09/2005 12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home