Sunday, March 20, 2005

Just dropping in briefly to inform you that I am freaking out about internships. Philly announces first-round interviews this week. What if I don't get one? What if I don't get ANY internship? What will I do? I will be a big bad nasty failure, that is what I'll do. oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god. No one will hire me and I will never get into grad school and then I will have to run away and join the military and get blown up somewhere. And then all they'll be able to find is my leg, so they'll send it home in a box and not let people take pictures of it, and they'll all say "she could have been a scholar, had she only not been such a terrible failure". Or I'll have to become a pirate and then they'll have me hanged, and they don't let weemen on boats anyway. oh god.

(can you even IMAGINE the kind of mood I was in while applying to college?)

(also, please note that I am always up this late, this is not some weird flipping-out-induced insomnia. Do not worry...any more than usual.)

2 Comments:

Blogger :D said...

Allison!

YOU. ARE. GOING. TO. BE. FINE! You are smart and wonderful and witty and often even vivacious (did you know that?) and you are going to be fine!

...I, on the other hand, am destined to become a homeless bum when my parents kick me out at the age of 35 (or die and leave the house to someone else) and my McDonald's job does not support my crack habit.

3/20/2005 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, don't sweat it. I never had any internships or anything, and look where I am today! :)

3/20/2005 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home