Thursday, November 04, 2004

TIP Into the Abyss

Last night I dreamed we had Ohio. My brain is mean.

Have mixed feelings about Gracie going to TIP (sorry, Aunt Carrie, I somehow managed to miss that post until about 5 minutes ago). The maturity level of the average 13-year-old TIP kid rounds out to about 5. I say this with utter certainty, having lived on a campus overrun by the little buggers all last summer. Obviously, Clarke genes make us more mature than the average person (HA! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HAHA! oh man, I crack me up.), so it might get kinda old kinda fast for her. Also, I won't be there this summer...unless I get an internship at the NC Museum of Art or somesuch.

Meh, don't listen to me. I'm just bitter because I hate large groups of preteens (and they're EVERYWHERE come summer). She'd have fun, and Duke is awesome. You could come visit and see campus. You'd have to come visit and see campus, come to think of it. Hurrah! And then she would be able to make up pennames and write to the New York Times!

Sounds like a plan.

I had more stuff to write about. I think I was going to complain about Republicans. Whee. Well, we all know how that was going to turn out, so I can forgo it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Kelley said...

Unfortunately, Kiddo, I don't think Grace will be going that far with the TIP thing. She really doesn't seem interested, and we CAN'T AFFORD IT. Grace will be going to Nashville with her choruses in the spring, which isn't cheap, and I don't know if I'm up to going all the way to NC. Now, if we lived in Virgina, it would be a different story... but TIP isn't offered there, anyway. Grace IS scheduled to take the SAT in December... let's see how that goes, first. She's complaining about it already...

11/04/2004 12:03 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Oh, good, then I can drop the façade and just say ARGH TIP KIDS SO ANNOYING DEATH RAR, also ARGH RICH OBNOXIOUS PARENTS OF MORE OBNOXIOUS TIP KIDS UGH UGH UGH. (I base this comment on one summer's worth of TIP exposure and working in the Duke store, but come on, where else does a person's true character come out more than to the girl in the gift shop?)

And - keep in mind I'm an Art History major here, so basic math escapes me, but Allison's age - 7 = Gracie's age = 13 /= time to take the SAT. Yes? Right? 13 /= 17. Do they average the score she gets now with the score she gets when admissions time rolls around?

11/04/2004 12:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie Kelley said...

I haven't a clue...

11/04/2004 2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home