Sunday, October 31, 2004

Happy Night Before All That Is Holy

First: Donna! Hi!

Second: Things I Have Done This Weekend:

2.1. Found, played, and gotten As on four songs of DDR. I am awesome uber-nerd w00t.
2.2. Had coffee. REAL coffee, made with a filter and hot water.
2.3. Funneled +10€ into Starbucks' already hefty pocket (see 2.2).
2.4. Studied for approx. 5 hours.
2.5. Slept for approx. 20 hours.
2.6. Made and eaten chicken and dumplings (it turned out ok for a first try. Cooking Light's recipe was kind of bland, though the rosemary in the dumplings was scrumptious. More pepper next time, maybe?).
2.7. Spent 9€ on, eaten, and gotten sick off of about 11 buñuelos de viento - little spherical pastries, deep-fried and filled with chocolate/cream/coffee cream/lemon/pick one. Oily. Soooooo oily.
2.8. Watched a very good movie in Spanish and understood 85% of it (Mar Adentro - highly suggested. Will make you understand my love affair with Galicia).
2.9. Wandered around for half an hour looking for a bowling alley which has been defunct for two years plus.
2.10. Started and finished Bridget Jones' Diary (in SPANISH!) and started Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (also in Spanish. Really, it's an excellent way to learn slang - ie. how to say "wasted" and "hung over")(Well, what else does Bridget Jones talk about?).
2.11 Outspent my monthly budget by somewhere between 10€-20€ (see 2.3, 2.7, 2.8)
2.12. Realized that I am incapable of speaking English. Issa and me, studying:
Allison: So anyway, in Roman theatre they didn't have a chorus, but they kept the orchestra space because it helped with the - the, umm - *frantic waving hand motions* - you know, that thing.
Issa: Yeah, where the sound - and then it -
Allison: Yeah, the sound travels up through the...it's a word, and it's in English, and I don't remember it because it's a complex thought and I can't do complex thoughts in English anymore.
Issa: Yeah, I know...I think...the word starts with an A.
Allison: Oh, hell. I don't know. Forget it. Let's move on. This is an aqueduct, and...
*10 minutes later*
Issa: Acoustics.
Allison: Crap. Yeah. Those.
2.13. Been very happy that tomorrow is a state holiday, but not so happy that everything will be closed when I have to register at 1pm. Rargh. Thank God Issa's letting me use the wireless he's mooching off his neighbor.
2.14. Been glad Dad hasn't called again to tell me how I shouldn't have voted "unless it [was] for Bush". Honestly, you think a person can't possibly make you any angrier...
2.15 and most recently. Been glad that a little political rant doesn't make my friends think I'm a dope. Even though I am a dope.

Happy Halloween, everyone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rita Xavier said...

Everything you write is interesting. I'll try to find the movie - I love foreign films. I miss you, Allie.

10/31/2004 8:12 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Aww, Grandma, that's so sweet and so untrue. Haha. I miss you guys too.

11/02/2004 3:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home