Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Jon: "Tis a Sad Sad Day for Duke Undergrads"

I found out today that I've been thinking the same word wrong for 20 years. Those who have been informed of my magenta/magneta problem will not be surprised by this. (MAGNET-A! IT'S A COLOR!)

Misled? Apparently that's pronounced "mis-led", as in led wrongly. Not "misseld". "Mis-led". How many class readings must I inadvertently embarrassed myself in?

However, I am still not as bad as the girl who said "Goath" instead of Goethe ("Goe-te") during her paper presentation yesterday. Look, guys, I know we don't all speak German, but if you're gonna be reading it out loud in front of 20 people...

Ok, right, I have like 4 research papers and an internship app due in the next 5 days. I'm out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Klop said...

most of my fellow students in high school mispronounced shit when reading out loud.

i thought the whole reading out loud thing was dumb because i'd get too bored and just read ahead twenty pages.

4/13/2005 3:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I said "chowse" for chaos once while reading in 8th grade.

Its not that I hadn't heard the word chaos before, I just hadn't seen it spelled.

4/13/2005 2:03 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Maybe they should just abolish those words, since so many smart people get them wrong.

4/14/2005 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home