Sunday, November 21, 2004

SUPERGRECA STRIKES AGAIN

jakitojsr: super greca

Yes, as a matter of fact, I am.

I've been thinking lately that I should just drop out of school and become a writer. Murder mysteries. I could be the next Agatha Christie or something. So I write a line, something like "John Avery had never been in Peace, Nebraska, but the sight of a solitary crow flying over his head to the nearest plane tree - the only living beings in sight - told him he might not have been missing anything."

Then I start thinking, gee, I wonder if there is really a place called Peace, Nebraska and if there is do they have plane trees and do they have crows in Nebraska or are they ravens and if they're ravens then what's their Latin name because wouldn't it be cool to have a Latin name in my book and what do plane trees look like and do crows like them in particular and do they have other plants in Nebraska and oh crap I used the word sight twice in the same sentence and I ALWAYS do that and will the tourist bureau of Peace try to sue me for putting a murderer in their town and what the hell is the plot of the book anyway, because I don't know anything about how to kill people or forensic science and I'll never as be as good as Elizabeth George, will I?

Then I realize that I am, in fact, good for no practical occupation. So I stop writing.

It's good to know one's limitations.

That's a nice sentence to end on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home