Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Choices, Choices.

Just got this in my inbox:

Dear Students:
I want to remind you that Thanksgiving is coming and to continue this tradition although we're far from home, we're organizing a dinner at one of the American restaurants in Madrid. If you're interested, please come to the office and let us know before Wednesday, November 10. The cost of the dinner will be approximately 21€ (which you would preferably pay when you sign up).
Get excited!


Let's see. I could haul down to the office RIGHTNOW and fork out $25 for a dinner that will probably not even be a reasonable approximation of American food...or I could go to KFC and get a meal for two for $8. HMMMM. WHAT DO YOU THINK.

(I'm just mad because I actually would pay about $20 just for stuffing. However, I doubt that they would give me enough to satisfy my jones, and I would thereby be left wandering down strange streets of Madrid, partially bloated and mumbling Spanish profanity in a carbohydrate-soaked haze.)

----

I actually did stab myself. In the tongue. It really hurts. I am an idiot.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeannie said...

i wonder how long stuffing would keep in the mail....:)

hang in there hot stuff! i miss you alot :( i know you're having fun and all in madrid, but i kinda can't wait till you're back :) but that's just me being selfish! don't brush your teeth too hard, hahaha.

11/10/2004 3:50 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

I think stuffing would keep for as long as it took for the customs agents to steal it and eat it. True story - a girl here got her mom to send her a package with some leather boots in it and when it got here the boots were gone. $1000 down the drain. Yikes.

JEANNIE I LUUUUUUV YOU! Don't let school get you down!

11/11/2004 2:18 AM  
Blogger Rita Xavier said...

Her mommy has been visiting since last Friday. I am sure they are taking in the sights.

11/17/2004 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home