Saturday, October 02, 2004

Reading List

I ran out of Fam Guy quotes for you guys. Maybe next month I will start again.

So I've noticed that there is maybe a little too much reading going on in the old House of Allison('s Señora):

Les Miserables, Victor Hugo. Approx. 1127pp. English. Finished.
What can I say? It's a classic and I love it.

Insomnia, Stephen King. Approx. 850pp. Spanish. Finished.
Stephen King is funny in English, but in Spanish he's HILARIOUS.

Las Orquideas Rojas de Shanghai, Juliette Morissot (?). Approx 350pp. Spanish, originally in French. Finished.
This book is terrible. It isn't often that I dismiss a novel offhand (I mean, unless it's Danielle Steele or something, but at least then you know what you're getting yourself into), but this is a mix of Memoirs of a Geisha and The Diary of Anne Frank without the charm of either. It's just badly written, brittle, and poorly mapped. Bad. Uck.

The Darwin Awards, Wendy Northcutt. 327pp. English. In Progress.
Classic - thanks, Billy!

The Silmarillion, JRR Tolkien. 480pp. English. In Progress.
The problem with The Silmarillion is that you can't leave it and come back. You have to be able to sit down and devour it over the space of a few days, or you start forgetting names and places. Of course, I tried to leave it and come back, and now I have to start over. Bah.

I don't remember the other ones...but I need more books.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Kelley said...

The DaVinci Code! The DaVinci Code!

10/04/2004 10:11 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Already did DaVinci Code, also Angels and Demons. They're good, but I'm too scared to try them again in Spanish. Maybe I could get my hands on some Harry Potter a la española.

10/04/2004 1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home