Thursday, September 30, 2004

You Two, Fight to the Death

So maybe I failed.

Maybe I was wandering around trying to find the hall where I'd have chorus a couple of hours later, and maybe I found it and decided to go for a walk in the park.

I may possibly have seen a large green banner that said "Una pasión por el café" next to an oh-so-familiar logo.

The thought might have passed through my head that I wasn't going to make it through an hour-long choir rehearsal (which was actually two hours) and the 20 minute walk home without some sort of sustenance, it being 7pm (especially since lunch is at 2).

Maybe I then went in and paid 3.10€ (after ordering in...German?) for an espresso shot and the
densest,
obviously-whole-wheatiest,
oldest,
toplessest,
most hockey-puckish muffin in the history of the universe -

- but it was DEFINITELY the best muffin I have ever had.

Weeks in Spain: 4
Allison's American Transgressions: 3 (Dunkin Donut, Happy Meal, Star Buck)

I promised you a rant about a professor. I have to renege - I'm sorry. The first day in her class, I had my doubts, but she has since laid them to rest by being professional, enthusiastic, organized, and really really really interesting. Especially because she's getting all up into the Ancient Roman stuff and explaining the engineering behind it all and how it works. I am in awe. I want to be a cool professor like that when I grow up, with the Powerpoint proficiency and the fervor and the awesomeness.

Also, I must take a short break to discuss how much I hate my money situation. H-A-T-E I-T. It really wouldn't be so bad, even without the ATM card, since I can buy people things on credit and then they pay me back. The problem arises when travel websites *cough**cough*viajar.comsucksdiediediedie*cough* do not accept my credit card, but then gleefully tell me "it's no problem! You can pay us in CASH."

I'll show them. I'm not paying them in cash or any other way, and I found another ticket that's 3€ cheaper.

Now that I've said that, it'll get rejected.

I blame you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home