Monday, September 06, 2004

For Every Sprinkle I Find, I Shall Kill You

Tomorrow begins the 4-day trip to Andalucia. In the spirit of travel, I am looking for tickets to go visit Jorge in Munich. It seems to be impossible to find anything for less than €138, even though I've gone to both RyanAir and EasyJet. Any suggestions? Deirdre? Because €138...that's more than $170, and I am a poor unemployed American student without an ATM card. I can get to London for friggin €1. Less, maybe. Half a pound or so. But I don't have anyone to go with - maybe I'll trade in my potential Italian trip with everyone for a solo London or Dublin trip in October. Would that be sketchy? That would be sketchy. Would anyone like to come to London and hang out with me from October 8th-12th? You could come back to Madrid with me later, if you wanted. I could skip school to extend the trip and make it more worth your while.

I'm dead serious, you know.

I have a message for all you silly Clarkes out there:

I appreciate the "don't be shy" messages, I really do - but you can stop now. It's been almost a week, and I've made friends. AND - I am speaking to you in particular, Mummy - you are all HYPOCRITES. I mean that in the kindest way possible, but come on. The definition of being a Clarke is social dysfunction; as I don't believe any of you can engage in the social dance more gracefully than I, your advice is thereby invalidated. That came out sounding mean, didn't it? It was meant to be funny, but it's true, guys. Dead serious. We all suck.

Now to the land of flamenco, torreadors, temperatures in the mid-30s C and THE ALHAMBRA OMG I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR THIS.


2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie Kelley said...

Hey! I've gotten over shyness! Now I've just got to practice speaking my mind!!!

9/06/2004 5:20 PM  
Blogger :D said...

hmm... surprisingly, perhaps, I haven't done a lot of inter-european travel. I would talk to the DIM people and Pilar for suggestions. Maybe this is why I was so bad about spending money while abroad, though: I think of 138 euros as "a little more than $138"...

but still, I would say, especially if you've never been to Germany: just go! even if that's the cheapest price you find. If it comes down to it, you can sing to tourists (in Spanish, OF COURSE), or do English tutoring, or whatever. And just pay a lot of attention to free/cheap foodstuffs along the way--but you're smarter about money than I am so I'm sure you're doing that already. But what I've found, in the end, is that I cherish the memories a lot more than whatever else I would have done with the money.

what are you talking about, sprinkles?

9/09/2004 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home