Monday, August 30, 2004

The One with My Address(es)

Hello!

So departure is tomorrow, and while I'm waiting for my copious amounts of laundry to finish I will give you my contact info. Boo, laundry!

In the extremely rare and totally unexpected case that any of you should want to send me snailmail, you can send it to either my homestay address or the Duke in Madrid office address, I think. I'm going to pref the Duke in Madrid office, if only because I'm not sure if my homestay lady will be mad that I'm getting mail at her house (though my absentee ballot is being sent there - oh well). I DON'T HAVE THE DIM ADDRESS YET. THAT SUCKS. However, I'll ask when I get there and will have it up for you ASAP (probably around the 3rd or so).

Allison Clarke
c/o Pilar Cerrada
C/ General Rodrigo, 5 2o ( not 20 - two oh, as in segundo) B
28003 Madrid
Spain

My cell number, for those who don't have it, is *phone number removed as per the advice of one overprotective but appreciated uncle, and I'm sure you all already have it anyway* - though I have NO idea how or whether the dialing will change once I'm there. I know that if you have a cell and put a +1 before the number it'll add all the appropriate prefixes for you (or that's what my dad says, anyway). If you don't have a cell...sorry.

Photojournalism...yeah. No. Copious amounts of rain + laziness + FINALLY FINISHING FFIV at 11 last night - camera = no photoblogging. However, I have many mental images (and smells. It's too bad you can't take pictures of smells, isn't it?). Surprisingly enough, I am very sad to say goodbye to Western New York, with its cute little industrial economy and leaves that were already turning when I got here and Mayer Bros apple cider. Not so sad to leave East Aurora, with its faux-upper-class and Bush/Cheney 2004 bumper stickers and font.

(As a side note, a conversation something like the one Nooree and I had when he decided to come visit me here:

Nooree: No, I really want to come see you in East Aurora. It'll be cool to see your family and where you live.
Allison: Don't come to East Aurora. It's the most hopelessly pretentious place on Earth. I hate it here. I don't want to subject you to it.
Nooree: Oh, come on. It can't be all that bad.
Allison: The town has its own font.
Nooree: *long silence* ...oh.)

heehee.

Time to pack!

Bye!

(Oh, and if the plane crashes or something, I love you all.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Silly overprotective uncle. If any creepazoids want to call me, they can pay the 2985739486 cents a minute it will take them to do so.

Shmatauqua is bad, but not as bad since I don't live there. I don't think anyone really lives there. The people who purport to are mannequins that turn back into plastic after "the season" ends.

Rod Serling, eat your ever-so-local heart out.

9/02/2004 9:50 AM  
Blogger :D said...

haha! I know people who have spent "the season" in Chatauqua! Their son (my boyfriend at the time) was at a special dance/ballet school...

for the record, they were not at all pretentious people... They were true Ohioans. :D

9/09/2004 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home