Monday, August 22, 2005

Blast from the Past!

This is a classic from the mother upon deciding to come to foreign countries. It makes me giggle. Mayhap it will make you giggle, too.

"My thought process over the last 24 hours:

'Oh my god, I can't believe I'm going to Spain!!!! This is so cool! Allie can show me around, we can eat fun food, maybe take a little side-trip, wouldn't it be cool to go to London or the Mediterranean?, I don't care where I stay, as long as there aren't cockroaches IN the bed. Hmm, she'd better meet me at the airport since I don't speak Spanish.

This is so exciting!!! I wanna go tomorrow, I can't wait until November! Let's see, I need a passport, don't need a visa, a travel alarm clock, um, travelers checks? WHAT? $200 to get a passport in time??? Shit. Oh, well. It's worth it. Allie's in Spain! I'm going to Spain!!!

Wait a minute. What do I wear? I don't know how not to look like an American..I like my jeans and white sneakers! I can't wear any other shoes, my feet will hurt! I'm going to stand out like a sore thumb and some maniac will shoot me or blow me up and I've got kids to raise! And I DON"T SPEAK SPANISH! I know maybe 20 words total and 12 of them are the months of the year. Plus I can count to 10. And "*upside-down question mark* Donde esta el bano?" And I can't even remember the name of the little doo-hickey that goes over the 'n' that I can't type on this keyboard! OH MY GOD, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?? I'M TOO STUPID TO GO TO SPAIN!'"

Thank you all for birthday wishes. I wuv you. Willowmist, I love Toronto though I never get to spend any real time there, so my judgement is based solely upon socialized health care and the AGO. I would not be averse to spending some time at York for graduate school, though, so mayhap I will learn better.

Why do I talk funny when I blog?

1 Comments:

Blogger Klop said...

i like the way you talk in your blog posts. seems natural.

8/23/2005 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home