Wednesday, January 19, 2005

We Get An Advisory for THIS?

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

BANDS OF SNOW SHOWERS MOVING THROUGH CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA WILL PRODUCE UP TO A HALF INCH OF DRY SNOW MAINLY ON GRASSY SURFACES AND LIGHTLY TRAVELED ROADWAYS THROUGH 2 PM. THE HEAVIEST SNOW WILL LAST ABOUT ABOUT AN HOUR IN MOST LOCATIONS RESULTING IN A DUSTING. SNOW SHOWERS WILL TAPER OFF BY 130...MANY ROADS WILL DEVELOP SLICK SPOTS AND SEVERAL COUNTIES ARE REPORTING WEATHER RELATED TRAFFIC ACCIDENTS. MOTORISTS ARE URGED TO SLOW DOWN OR DELAY TRAVEL UNTIL LATER THIS AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ACROSS THE ENTIRE AREA WILL REMAIN RATHER LIGHT AND LESS THAN AN INCH. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF THROUGH MID AFTERNOON.

You have got to be kidding me.

***edit***

I've been putting this off, but it's driving me crazy - does anyone have any idea why my computer makes noise when I move my mouse? Every time I move it it makes this little *tick*, which turns into a *buzz* when you move it more than a pixel at a time, which turns into a *homicidal impulse* when I'm using the comp for more than a minute at a time. Please help, I beg of you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rita Xavier said...

Pretty funny!!!

1/19/2005 12:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie Kelley said...

Yeah, Virginia is like that, too. When there is a THREAT of a snowflake, they close the schools.

1/20/2005 5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home