Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I Ought to Know This

One of you out there has to speak Latin, right?

I'm trying to translate a text for one of my professors, but the author done gone and left some of the most seminal parts of the text in their original church Latin, circa 16th c. I can't understand the meaning without the quotes, but I don't speak Latin at all. Can you guys help me? There are two, and here they are:

"Quid ergo dicis de peregrinatibus Romam, Hierusalem, S. Iacobum, Aquisgranum, Treverim, multasque alias regiones et loca causa Indulgentiarum: item in dedicationibus Ecclesiarum? Peregrinationes istae fiunt multis causas; rarissime iustis." (Martin Luther)

"Qui vadit apud sanctum Jacobum et occidit patrem suum non facet mortale peccatum." (uncredited)

They both have to do with pilgrimage, which is what peregrinatibus/peregrinationes mean, I know that much.

Thankee kindly!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Clarke said...

Re vera, linguam Latinum vix cognovi.

6/06/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

12/01/2009 8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home