Saturday, May 20, 2006

I Am Brevity Itself

since I have, I figure, about five minutes to write this before the gore on Discovery Health changes to something else and Dad wanders on in here.

NARRATIVE POST!

I've spent the past couple of months in a considerable welter about what I'm gonna be doing this summer. I have to leave in August?ish? and so there were two months stretching out before me, vast, unplannable. The night of graduation I got a plan:

EPWORTTTHHHHH.

I'll be spending this summer catsitting for Dr. Brenda! which means living approximately 10 feet directly above the apartment I moved out of just last week. It also means spending my time with Beth and Audrey and the Fat Man, which is pretty much the sweetest thing ever. So since I'll have a place (and the Batmobile) to myself, I've managed to come up with some goals that I can hopefully abide by during June and July:

1. Take (and spank) the GRE.
My first-ever practice test clocked me in at an anemic 1290, which is pretty much the same as my initial SAT score was when I started taking those practice tests. We all know how that turned out. But, downside, I have no Miss Girvin to help me on the math section with these bad boys.

2. Gain street cred
Via research with the advisor. I still don't know if this is going to work out or not. Deepest secrecy for now.

3. Pet something every day
Catsitting!

4. Refine eating habits
to aim for exclusivity eating free-range meats and locally-grown produce.

5. Do not go bankrupt
see item 5.

6. Make season 2 of Battlestar last all summer
This is a losing battle against my own will.

7. Start jogging outside
because only losers need to pay for gym memberships to keep themselves motivated. And by losers I mean me.

8. Don't break the Batmobile
BATMOBIIIIILE!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Sounds like a plan, good luck with it!

5/21/2006 4:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just knew you couldn't stay away from Epworth.

5/22/2006 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home