Thursday, June 16, 2005

Things That Should Be Blogged

but haven't found a place for themselves anywhere else.

1. A couple weeks ago, I went to Petsmart for some fish drugs (my fish are the happiest fish around, ifyaknowwhaddimean). Happily clutching my ludicrously expensive purchase, I headed back out to the Maternal Mayhem Mobile. As I was opening my door, a black Mustang drove past, and in the trunk lay a teenage kid screaming "WHY WON'T ANYONE HELP ME?" Whereupon I burst into such laughter that I got a fairly serious stomach cramp.

2. The first morning we were in Barcelona, Jess and I decided to go scope out Las Ramblas (see Spain-related entries for more complete narrative). To get there from our hotel, you had to cross a fairly major thoroughfare, ending in a big ol' plaza. We walked along - not that we really had a choice, because this plaza was so full of people it was like walking through the Gulf Stream. In the other human stream, heading toward us, came a totally nondescript middle-aged man who I absolutely would not have noticed ever in my life

EXCEPT

as he headed toward us, Jess and I saw him stoop over a trashcan, perform the briefest of rummages, find a Starbucks cup, drink what was left inside it, throw it back into the trashcan, and walk off - all in the most rapid and fluid of movements that you would never have seen if you weren't watching.

Obviously, that had some sort of effect on my puny little brain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Klop said...

glad to know that people locked in car trunks can count on you to cover their backs.

wow.

6/17/2005 3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home