Monday, October 24, 2005

WHY are the Bills 3-4? Why? Why? I will not have kids with Kelly Holcomb unless he wins the next two games. Singlehandedly. Against the Steelers defense.

I have not said anything because there is nothing to say, except that on this Friday oncall I discovered that Lilly Library is packing the first four seasons of Star Trek on DVD. As you may be able to guess, this means I spent all of Friday and a good share of Saturday wishing I were from the 24th century while sitting on the couch in my pajamas, eating peanut butter straight from the jar. So now I'm out of peanut butter, but I think I needed the vegetation considering that next weekend promises to be what I like to call "a big fat hairy inconvenience". It will include CPR training at some unheard of time that combines the symbols "9" and "AM" and an extra (depressing) choir doodad.

To recap: October has sucked. I must have forgotten to say "rabbit rabbit" this month. Foolish me and my rabbits!

I'm going to go scurry under something until Monday proper starts. I hate Mondays proper. Whine whine cry cry snork snap hurk.

2 Comments:

Blogger Klop said...

"rabbit rabbot?" what's that all about?

the more i watch it, the more i gel with the future portrayed in firefly. just seems more realistic. that, and i'd want to snuggle up with kaylee in the engine room for a spell.

10/28/2005 2:57 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Kaylee is, admittedly, someBODY. I mean, jeez. But that said, of course Firefly is more realistic. Star Trek isn't meant to be a realistic take on the future - it's supposed to be a reflection of our best selves, a goal towards which we are constantly striving (well, TNG is, anyway). It's a consistently idealistic show with respect to interracial relationships and freedom of thought (its position on women has improved consistently throughout the course of the shows - ie. Janeway and Kira - though it still leaves something to be desired).

Firefly is realistic because its universe sucks. All-powerful, culturally hegemonic, centralized government, systematic crushing of those in dissent and those who threaten the established power structure, professional assassins, etc.

That said, get me on a ship with Simon and the Alliance can go bite the big one as far as I'm concerned.

10/29/2005 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home