Wednesday, February 09, 2005

An Ode to A Very Important Part of My Life

Oh, Target box of dental floss,
you are so square and boxy.
Some might say a streamlined you
would be a bit more foxy.

But I do love your hulking shape,
your presence ever looming -
the foody parts cannot escape
when your floss comes zooming.

I should not call you "dental floss"
but rather "dental tape".
All the little hidden nooks
you know just how to scrape.

You deserted me in Segundo B -
I searched for a replacement,
but nasty crappy Euro floss
from Earth deserves effacement.

Its narrow little shedding strands
left my teeth not squeaky,
but now that you are back again
everything is peachy.

Oh, silly Target dental floss,
please never leave me more.
I'll never find another love
but you, whom I adore.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rita Xavier said...

Wonderful! Shames me into being more attentive to my own flossing.

2/09/2005 11:10 AM  
Blogger Jeannie said...

i think i need to write an ode to target in general.

2/09/2005 6:18 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

What I write to Target will be less like an ode and more like

"you are so beautiful
I watch you sometimes while you sleep
why won't you notice me
I would do anything if you would only love me
I will kill a squirrel every day until you marry me
Love
Your Secret Admirer"

2/10/2005 1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home